Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fun Facts From Zach's Almanac: Oh, ABC you've done it again!

Having Bush surrounded by a bunch of exceedingly happy guys in choir robes who have nothing to do with those involved in the business end of the A.P.E.C. conference and having it accompany a headline espousing that "Leaders' Predict Economic Crisis Can Be Fixed in 18 Months" is about one of the best pieces of subliminal journalism (intended or otherwise) I have seen in quite some time.
Oh, in the course of the Bush Administration, 9/11 and the Iraq Invasion and occupation, I've seen some real doozies...but this was Uber-entertaining.
Adding to the illusory photo was the caption:
"APEC leaders: "We have already taken urgent and extraordinary steps to stabilize our financial... (sectors and strengthen economic growth.")"
Stop it ABC! I'm dyin' over here!
Now, take me to the river and wash me in the water!

No comments: